Java Developer Job Description
What is a Java Developer?
A Java developer is focused on programming and developing Java applications and software.They are expert in the programming language called Java.
What does a Java Developer do?
Java developers manage several roles throughout the development of Java applications. They are involved from concept and design to enhancing and coding Java system, to maintenance,testing, and implementation. A senior Java developer directs the ongoing development of a tool or software and is very competent in the field of the Java frameworks along with connected platforms
Typical tasks for a Java Developer Include:
- Work closely with other specialized technical people to create the best possible environment for a software
- Write high-quality Java codes and update them
- Create database schemas to support business processes
- Respond to changes in existing programs and script languages or new programs
- Handle the process of a product’s development through software examination, programming, quality checking and debugging
- Enhance software based prototypes by participating in the design, tests and architectural developments
- Help in the design of a software
- Study new technologies to incorporate into their designs in keeping with the organization’s integrity
- Participate with company’s activities or projects especially with solutions or suggestions
- Create products seamlessly connected with network systems, search engines, and information servers for better user participation
- Troubleshoot and fix bugs
Technical Skills for Java Developers:
- Strong knowledge and understanding of Java products like Oracle database SQL and JDBC, Linux/Unix Windows Platform and Solaris, Java XML Parsing,Coding, Java-based Web services, Java Servlet Technology, EJB (Enterprise Java Beans), Java EE and the like.
- Knowledge with Open-Source Technologies like Spring Framework and GitHub, messaging middleware, and functional programming
- Knowledge of design patterns and concepts
- Proficient in object-oriented programming,Analysis and Design
- Relational Databases, SQL and ORM
- XML,X query, XSL
- Knowledge of external and embedded databases
- Knowledge of build tools like Maven, Ant, and Gradle
- Knowledge in JSP, EJB (Enterprise Java Beans) and Test-Driven Development
What to Include in a Java Developer Job Description – Template
Below are the elements to include in a strong Java developer job description:
Title: Java Developer Job Description: [ Include a brief description of the role you’re hiring for.] We’re looking for a rockstar Java Developer who can help take our startup to the next level! You will be the lead Java developer on a growing team.
Company Description [Write a short introduction to your company. Include your mission statement and anything that makes your company stand out.]
Compensation: $80k up to $150k+ The right candidate will have the following skills [List skills and responsibilities]
Benefits & Perks [Insert benefits here. These can include work schedule, company catered meals, fitness perks, pet policies and more]