Front-end Developer Job Description
What is a Front-end Developer?
A front-end web developer is a web developer focused on developing front-end applications of a website which is everything to do with what a user sees and interacts with. Expert front-end developers can have both front-end and back-end technology skills. Special front-end developers who can work as UI and UX designers are called “unicorn”.
What does a Front-end Developer do?
A front-end developer creates all the visual elements, front-end features and everything a user interacts with like fonts, menus, buttons, sliders, the arrangement of videos, photos, videos, articles, and others. A front-end developer manages several roles in the development of a front-end application, from creating frameworks, to coding, to maintenance, to implementation and submission. A senior front-end developer is also involved in the designing of a product.
Typical tasks for a Front-end Developer Include:
- Translate UI and UX design wireframes to codes the visual elements of the application
- Work closely with UI and UX designers for graphic design
- Create new features,codes and libraries
- Collaborate with back-end developers to validate the user input of application before submission
- Make sure that the application is highly functional
- Make sure that that application will adhere to SEO principles
Technical Skills for Front-end Developers:
- Strong Knowledge of web markup like HTML5, CSS3
- Basic Knowledge of CSS preprocessors like LESS and SASS
- Knowledge of client-side scripting
- Knowledge of JS-based build tools like Gulp, Grunt, and Bower
- Familiarity with image tools like Gimp, Photoshop, and others of cross-browser compatibility issue
- Knowledge of code versioning tools like Git, SVN, Mercurial and others
- Understanding of SEO principles
- Knowledge of Front-end (CSS) frameworks like or Bootstrap and Foundation
What to Include in a Front-end Developer Job Description – Template
Below are the elements to include in a strong Front-end developer job description:
Title: Front-end Developer Job Description: [ Include a brief description of the role you’re hiring for.] We’re looking for a rockstar Front-end Developer who can help take our startup to the next level! You will be the lead Front-end developer on a growing team.
Company Description [Write a short introduction to your company. Include your mission statement and anything that makes your company stand out.]
Compensation: $70k up to $120k+ The right candidate will have the following skills [List skills and responsibilities]
Benefits & Perks [Insert benefits here. These can include work schedule, company catered meals, fitness perks, pet policies and more]